On 1 April 2013, NHS Newham Clinical Commissioning Group took over responsibility for planning and commissioning a range of health services, including Secondary Care, Community and Mental Health Services for Newham residents and visitors to the Borough. Our role is to work in partnership with our community and local health stakeholders to understand local health needs in order to deliver high quality services that meet the needs of our local population.
Our prospectus sets out who we are, our values and aims, how your money is spent and how you can stay involved. Most importantly, it sets out how we plan to work together with our patients, providers and partners to address and reduce health inequalities, as we recognise these have a major impact on people's health.
Our mission and values
Delivering improved patient care to meet local health needs rests at the heart of everything we do as a CCG. Our mission and priorities have been developed to encapsulate what we believe are the key challenges and behaviours which will enable us to deliver real transformational change in the provision of patient centred healthcare in Newham.
To achieve excellence in health and wellbeing in partnership with the local population. To commission accessible, effective care to meet local needs.
- To commission a Newham-based integrated health and care system which delivers high quality services for the residents of Newham, in accordance with statutory requirements
- To commission and develop GP services that are modern, accessible and fit for the future in caring for our residents
- Securing financial stability
- Making sure our governance is fit for purpose
- Valuing and enabling our staff, Board and Clinical Leaders to learn and develop thereby enabling them to deliver against the CCG Priorities
- Ensuring we maintain our performance across the key business areas
- We will spend the Newham pound wisely, ensuring value for money and maintaining financial balance
- We will have a borough based Integrated Care System that is utilised, understood and valued by our residents
- We will ensure we plan, design, and commission accessible high quality services for our residents with our residents
- We will improve access to, and, the quality of, Primary Care
- We will clearly be able to demonstrate how we have improved outcomes for our residents
- We will support our entire CCG workforce to deliver what we need to for our residents
- We will promote equality as a commissioner of health services and as an employer